POINT OF VIEW
Point of View may be the finest property on the island of St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. The property is located at the eastern most tip of the island in the highly coveted Water Point Estates, it includes over 2.0 acres of land, more than 800 feet of shoreline, and includes a 1 acre buildable lot for expansion. The property has the unique advantage of two points of direct access to the water; a stone stairway leading to the best snorkeling on the island and a walkway to a small pocket beach. Water Point Estates is a is a premier gated community with a full-time caretaker, professionally landscaped roads, security system, and a private beach, tennis courts, and a dock
The home itself was completely remodeled in 2012 and the open kitchen, dining and family room areas were designed to optimize 270 degree views of St. John, Little St. James and Christmas Cove. The outdoor dining areas and the large covered veranda all offer the opportunity to sit comfortably outdoors despite any rain showers. There is a large heated mosaic pool with an infinity edge facing St. John and an accompanying hot tub. The main house consists of four bedrooms, each with their own bathroom and covered balcony all with spectacular views of Pillsbury Sound.
There is a guest or caretakers’ cottage with a full-size kitchen and living area and one bedroom and a two-car garage.
Notable other features of the home:
• Huge outdoor decks of coral stone, which does not absorb the heat and does not get slippery like other tile. It is ideal for the Caribbean weather and pool decks.
• Custom mahogany doors and windows designed to open fully and capture the fabulous Caribbean environment
• Custom stained glass windows in several locations throughout the home
• Highest quality travertine tile throughout the house.
• Every bathroom in the home has been recently renovated, each with its own style and design
• Spectacular open kitchen with custom cabinetry and unique hand painted tile work from Istanbul, designer granite counters, Wolf range, Sub Zero refrigerator, ample storage, and easy access to the dining areas and outdoor spaces
• Two car garage lets you store your car and other items away from the outside elements
• Large storage areas for water sports equipment/gear
• End of the road/peninsula privacy
• Spectacular views over Pillsbury Sound, the Caribbean Sea, and the Atlantic Ocean. The home faces towards the East and the island of St. John, along with the British Virgin Islands. Other outdoor decks and windows showcase views further South to Great St. James and Cowpet Bay.
• Professional landscaping throughout the property
• Multiple cisterns totaling over 40,000 gallons